Saturday, May 28, 2011

Remove Unity icon background color

Unity has a default behavior which colors icon backgrounds to match with the main color of the icon. At first, I assumed that the color must've been coordinated with some unseen function of the application. Then I thought maybe it was random. When I noticed that it was just matching, I decided to seek out a way around it. For those of us that find the Unity icon color behavior to be strange and a bit distracting, you can disable this behavior quite easily.
1) Install compizconfig-settings-manager (through software center or:
sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager
2)Open the application and click on the Ubuntu Unity Plugin button
3)Turn off "backlighting"

This achieves, in my opinion, a much cleaner look.

No comments:

Post a Comment